[Lab] Exterior LED lighting RGB (Henri K)

Dave Hunt dave at huntgang.com
Sun Nov 1 13:31:01 EST 2015

Although those LEDs indicate "waterproof" from all acounts I have read
about them you must actually waterproof them yourself where the wires go in
with something like liquid electrical tape.

I personally use ebay WS2812B strips in the silicone sleeves for my house.
They've been outside for a year now (I permanently installed them last
year) and am going to be testing them out again in a week or too.  They
worked flawlessly last year for a solid month of daily llight shows.  I
found them actually too bright at full intensity and they overpowered the
stanard LED lights on the trees.

I had hoped to go full RGB this year but it is looking like it might be
mostly the same hardware as last year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UXhqcRRFR8
(note this link only works on a PC due to the copyright of the songs.)

I also have a few turtorials and a bit of info on my blog.

http://blog.huntgang.com/2014/12/26/almonte-christmas-lights-2014-bts/
http://blog.huntgang.com/2014/11/08/vixen-lights-3-x-arduino-pixel-controller-ws2812b/

Dave