[Lab] Fwd: Re: Buying copper wire

Justin Hornosty jjrh70 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:42:55 EDT 2015

dave at huntgang.com writes:

> I have used speaker wire and even cheap dollar store extension cords cut up
> for the wire.   For thinner guage requirements, I often default to cutting
> up old network cables.

I do this as well, though the solid core wire has a tendency of
breaking.

It's very inexpensive to go to the hardware store and get a couple
meters of 'lamp cord' cut. (unless you have some old ones kicking
around)

I tend to keep all the various pieces of wire from when I rip open a old
piece of electronics for parts. That has kept me satisfied for
protoboard and pcb <-> pcb stuff. Usually they are higher gauge and
easier to work with than IDE or other ribbon cables.

-jjrh