[Lab] Looking to design and build a carbon fibre windscreen

Justin justin at slootsky.org
Mon Jun 8 08:34:13 EDT 2015

I'm looking to design and build a carbon fibre windscreen for my
motorcycle. I have one that doesn't quite fit for various reasons, and I
have the bike to take measurements on.

I saw this project, and thought I could use a similar technique with the
CF.  I'm lost at a few other steps though:

- locally sourcing carbon fibre and supplies
- creating a digital 3d model
- creating a test piece to ensure it fits before using the costly materials
(I cant test fit a positive mold because there are things in the way like a
headlight and the instrument cluster)

Will anybody be around on Wednesday to brainstorm this with me?

http://makezine.com/projects/carbon-fiber-acoustic-guitar/