[Lab] 3D printer Electronics?

Justin Hornosty jjrh70 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:08:39 EST 2015

waterfallclose at gmail.com writes:

> reprap stuff like RAMPS 1.4 +arduino Mega + Repetier but wondering if
> anyone has experience with more modern electronics?

I am in the process of building a 3d printer at the moment and decided
to go with the 'baboi' board. http://reprap.org/wiki/Baboi

I bought it from mixshop
http://mixshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=215

but I don't remember paying that ($129.39 usd) much.

Not having any experience with RAMPS, arduino megas or the other
alternatives I can't really comment much.

As far as I can tell the Baboi board is just a atmega with the
motor drivers stuck onto a single pcb. It does have pinouts for a LCD
and joystick however I have not used them. Also a SD slot.