[Lab] Firepit Project / Metal CNC?

Jamie jamie at steppinofftheedge.com
Mon Aug 17 13:54:26 EDT 2015

I've seen a few amazing zoetropes in Black Rock City -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Gk0WkGOwQ -

I'm not strongly tied to the build concept of washing machine drum - so
cutting flat via plasma / water jet is quite viable.

The current "no art / no defined edge" fire pit is about 2m wide and serves
more functional purpose to burn cut brush than anything else. Continuing
that function rules out hardboard and I don't see adding arduinos until I
have a manual version working. The one "requirement" I do have is that it's
not built heavy with stone so that should we decide to move the firepit
location it is relatively (~3 guys, 1 hand each occupied with a beer)
moveable.

Will drop in to HydroTech to get more insights later this week.

Thanks Jason / Darcy!
Jamie