[Lab] Grey water tank design

Seanna Watson seanna.watson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:01:10 EDT 2015

Based on my experience using a rainbarrel, a lot of the collected crud is
gravel washed off the shingles - of course that will depend on the type and
condition of the roof.  But looking at the diagram, it seems that you can't
actually drain from the bottom of the tank, which might be an issue for the
ongoing state of the water, depending on how quick the turnover is and what
you are going to be using it for.  Also, again depending on what you are
doing with the water, you might find it easier just to have a drainpipe big
enough to pass  the debris, rather than worrying about screening it out
(and put a screen on the intake to limit the size and amount of crud that
gets into the tank in the first place).