[Lab] How to set a clock

Peter Sjoberg peters-modlab at techwiz.ca
Fri Sep 12 08:23:52 EDT 2014

On 09/11/2014 12:54 PM, Darcy Whyte wrote:
> So here's what I believe to be the best candidate (so far) for setting
> the time.
>
> It just requires a switch (and whatever pull resistor).
>
> Using two gestures hold and click.

This click/hold reminds me of when I set house code on my X10 motion
sensors.
Press and hold the button for about 3 sec and it starts flashing current
code. if you want to change it you then press required times and on the
one you need to press and hold to save it.

you could get it to set the individual numbers by something like
* hours: hold - it blinks current hour - click click hold and you set it
to 3
* 10th minutes: click hold - flash 10th minutes...
* <10 minutes : click click hold - flash <10minutes
if you just click-hold it flashes current 10th minute and if you don't
click anything it doesn't change it.

This way you can confirm your time without interpret the exact color ,
and set the individual digits if needed without having to set all of
them in one cycle.