[Lab] Familiar with virtual office telephony options?

Roman Gargulak roman at cncwings.com
Tue Sep 9 08:03:46 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

I use voip.ms for business as well as for my home phone.
<https://www.voip.ms/>
They have all features that you are looking for, but they do not provide
any hardware and you have to configure everything yourself.
They provide a ticket based support and their guys are fairly
knowledgeable and helpful.
With one DID you can have unlimited extensions, they have a voice mail
and virtual receptionist so your configuring options are almost endless.
You can forward extension to your cell phone (or any number or
extension) you can create ring groups o when your extension is called it
rings on multiple numbers...etc.

We are a small company (3 people - 4 locations), every one of us just
picked up used Cisco IP phone on eBay (they can be as cheap as $35, I
managed to pick up the IP7970G with colour touch screen and 8 line
capability for $35) and uses that as their phone. calling between
extensions is free, so when I travel, I just configure an extension on
my cell phone VoIP client (or tablet, or laptop) and call for free from
anywhere in the world

Depending on usage, we spend between $10 to $50 a month on the phone fees.

Their termination rates can be seen here: <https://www.voip.ms/rates.php>
They bill in 6 seconds intervals.

So if you feel comfortable to do setup yourself, you pay only for usage,
there are no other fees to pay.
And we also use fax through voip.ms, but rarely as almost all is done
via email these days.

If you have any questions, just  ask.

Cheers,
Roman