[Lab] seeking feedback on a laser cutting project

Olaf Baumann olaf.baumann at pobox.com
Thu Oct 16 10:31:56 EDT 2014

Material? Anything 3mm thick and not clear.  I was thinking hardboard would
work as long as I keep it dry.  Could go for an opaque epilog-friendly
plastic.

I used the same approach for learning the software.  I found a really
useful video for making finger joints (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ozaM9si1Y).  They guy was a wizard, so I
just had to pause often to follow along.  I was impressed at how SketchUp
provides many useful shortcuts for common tasks (like 'm' to move, then use
the mouse to give a direction, then enter the distance on the keyboard
directly, or typing x3 after an action to repeat the action three times).

I'm still seeking a fast way to 'subtract' one group from another to make
the slots in one group based on the tabs in another.  I tried intersect
with model, but that left several lines around that I had to remove
manually.  I'm probably doing it wrong.

--
Olaf