[Lab] "listening" to high volume using an electret microphone

Peter Sjoberg lpaseen at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:24:32 EDT 2014

On 05/06/2014 12:45 PM, Richard Sloan wrote:
> pot on output will just limit the now clipped signal, need to adjust the
> gain of the amp itself, so the output never clips.....
I kind of wonder what the electret microphone can handle. Did see the
datasheet but don't know how to convert 85dB sound pressure (or whatever
you expect to get) to something on the datasheet but it must be a max
somewhere. If you hit that max it doesn't matter what you do at opamp
level, it's already clipped before it hits it.

/ps