[Lab] LED temperature

greg atcheson greg.atcheson at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:39:19 EDT 2014

That's a good question, I looked up the part used and can't find a solid
datasheet. It's quite small to pump 50W through, I guess that heat has to
go somewhere. Considering the relatively low cost of the component and
triviality of its use, the only thing you should really be concerned with
is setting fire to the surroundings.
 Do you know what temperature it's actually getting to? A thermocouple
probe that comes with some multimeters would be perfect for this.