[Lab] CNC parts?

Tom Burns tom.i.burns at gmail.com
Sun May 4 17:21:33 EDT 2014

I built a cheaper kit, the mydiycnc.  It was unusable.  The build was off
by 1/4" in some places that needed tight accuracy.

I got a shapeoko 1 base kit (right before the shapeoko 2 was announced :( )
and the build quality was stellar however the lack of a second y axis motor
caused unusable skew.  As well I was trying to reuse the mydiycnc
electronics which are the lowest quality steppers you can find.
So now I've bought the better steppers and the y axis upgrade kit for the
shapeoko.  3rd cnc build, yet to cut something successfully.

So my advice is just a compete kit with a good community like the shapeoko.
 While it may cost you a bit more upfront it will save you with avoided
grief.