[Lab] Google Sketchup

Jamie jamie at steppinofftheedge.com
Sun Mar 2 22:46:54 EST 2014

Hey Paul and other Sketchup gurus....

A question about STL / Slicers and working with Sketchup for laser cutting
instead of 3D Printing....

I've imported a wunnerful complex .3ds model into Sketchup. Using the
Section Plane tool and adjusting it by increments I can get layer outlines
to "build by stack" but as yet cannot find a fantastic way to output those.
Some googling leads me to believe that Sketchup pro is needed to do export
of section planes. Before I do that, was wondering if a pro such as
yourself or others might know a better way to go about it.

If you had a model, approx 20", in sketchup that you wanted to output with
1 layer every 1" or so, how might you go about it?

Thx,
Jamie