[Lab] Automatic OK dialog for a specific site - Browser Extension

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:00:07 EDT 2014

   Greasemonkey is built into Chrome! Try this!

   1) Grab all the code below the line, and save it in a text file called
PCHPopupKiller.user.js (Make the edit I suggest below before you save)
   2) In Chrome, go to chrome://extensions
   3) Drag and drop this script onto the window
   4) Tell chrome you allow the script. It will install. You can remove it
at any time.

   There's a line in the metadata at the top of the script marked @include
- this is a wildcard that you can use to specify which pages this script
should run on. You should probably be precise to only specify the
particular page (or directory) that this annoying popup is on, so it
doesn't interfere with other important business on other PCH pages.

   Let me know if it works/doesn't work! I'm overwriting the callserver
function which may not be the best way to go.

   -Jason Cobill

-- SCRIPT BELOW THIS LINE --------------------------------------------- VVV
------

// ==UserScript==
// @name           PCH PopupKiller
// @namespace  http://www.lunarbovine.com/PCHPopuKiller
// @description   Gets rid of annoying session popups on PCH pages
// @version         0.1
// @include         http://pch.gc.ca/*
// ==/UserScript==

    function callserver()
    {

        var extend_session = true;
        if (extend_session == true)
        {
            var remoteURL = '//includes/session.cfm';
            $.get(remoteURL,  function(data){
                //do nothing
            });
        }