[Lab] [Bulk] Re: ESP8266 issues and data logger (Ken McKinnon)

Jaime Yu jaime.yu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:55:35 EST 2014

Knowing Ken, I would bet he snacked the machine.

But I agree with ken original solution. Adding a watchdog will help
mitigate the issue. The Linux kernel has the capability built in so you
should be able to take advantage of it with out relying on an external
Arduino (although the Arduino solution is probably more reliable if the
kernel is really fubar'd).

Watchdog daemon that can help you out http://linux.die.net/man/8/watchdog

--
Sincerely,