[Lab] A Question About Multiple Audio Devices

Amos Hayes amos at polkaroo.net
Sun Apr 6 18:12:02 EDT 2014

I have used a little cheap USB sound card ($10) with a Raspberry Pi. It has
mic and speaker ports. It shows up as a sound device in Linux. I imagine
you could use as many as you liked with a powered USB hub, although I'm not
sure if they would always number themselves in the same order when booting.
:)

This might be overkill though if you only ever need one mic or speaker
working at a time. In that case, one mic/speaker jack + an couple 8-way
switches of some sort (what would you call those?) would do the trick.

--
Amos
amos at polkaroo.net