[Lab] Water sensor for an arduino?

Michael Grant michael at krazatchu.ca
Tue Apr 1 09:14:05 EDT 2014

I'd suggest something entirely non-contact, with galvanic or capacitive
isolation.
If the water is in contact with ground or a live wire it could have a
potential voltage that will adversely affect the Arduino.

Something like this will work with minimal hardware:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/CapacitiveSensor?from=Main.CapSense#.Uzq6YFccDDA

Michael
http://krazatchu.ca/