[Lab] Help choosing a stepper motor

Wesley Ellis tahnok at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 21:22:46 EST 2013

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to electronics and I'm having trouble choosing a stepper
motor for a project I'm working on.

I'm ordering from robot shotp, and it looks like this EasyDriver board
(https://secure.robotshop.com/ca/en/sfe-easydriver-bipolar-stepper-motor-driver.html)
will let me control whichever motor I end up choosing, but the number of
motors on robotshop is pretty intimidating.

I'm going to be spinning a small platform so I don't need a lot of
power. Basically, I'm wondering whether I need a bipolar or unipolar
motor? What kind of voltage? Amperage? Any help would be appreciated

Wesley