[Lab] Do you have kids and free time this weekend?

Britta Evans-Fenton technical at artengine.ca
Wed May 1 15:35:53 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Artengine is participating in National Youth Arts Week again this year and
we are running some workshops along with others in ArtsCourt.

If you have kids/youth (or if you are young at heart) and free time on the
weekend we would love for the support.  And best of all it is FREE!!!!

Here is the information:

YOU CREATE - YOUTH CREATE!

*May 5th
drop-in between 1pm to 4pm
ArtsCourt, 2 Daly Ave, Ottawa*

National Youth Arts Week in the Capital celebrates youth initiative and
youth engagement in arts and culture. Everyone is invited to drop in on May
5th, between 1 to 4pm to take part in these enriched workshops*:**
*

*
*

*The Ottawa Art Gallery
*The Ottawa Art Gallery invites you to a free drop-in hands-on art-making
station. Discover the exhibition *Larger than Life* with a guide and create
your own masterpiece to take home, inspired by the art you saw!**

*Artengine
*Design and build your own paper circuitry, switches and buttons and learn
how to solder and control lights.  For our younger friends we have
"squishy" circuits, where kids can use a special play-doh to create
temporary circuits.
*Jerry Longboat**
*Join Mohawk artist Jerry Longboat in a special wampum weaving workshop.
Learn the basics of loom beading and learn the background and history of
wampum, and the meanings of various traditional patterns and designs.