[Lab] Reprap parts and people questions

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:31:22 EDT 2013

I've never done a prusa myself (but I have printed and sold several kits),
but I built a Sells Mendel way back (if I'm not mistaken I was one of the
first with a Sells in Ottawa). And managed to dial it in fairly well over a
period of months of use. I since sold that Mendel and now print on an
Ultimaker (after a short stint with an Up, and a BFB 3DTouch)

Anyway, I might be able to give some pointers. The blobbing behavior you
are explaining sounds very much like overextrusion. As for your sticking
bearings I'd have to see the machine to give much real advice there... Been
a while since I had to troubleshoot a mendel but I'm sure I could give a
few pointers. That said I'm not sure when I'd have time for a face to face,
I'm stupid busy these days which is why I've not made it to the lab in
forever...

- Paul