[Lab] The big plan clarification

The Big Plan - Chris B tbp at ghostwise.com
Fri Mar 15 16:00:39 EDT 2013

Bob,

I'm not going to die if the ventilator fails but I use it on a daily
basis non-invasively. I am disabled. I can go without it for hours but
it
does start to affect my volume speaking, energy levels, etc, the
longer I go without it.

So I'm not going to do the chest strap because that would be super
uncomfortable and would affect my lung expansion.. and I'm not going
to hack the ventilator either. At most, the circuit tube could be
modified, but again not in a way that would change the volume
pressure / air flow. That's why I don't think the reed type switch
would work very well.

The ventilator has it's own internal battery but it is usually plugged
into the A/C.

I'm not worried about it failing.

People have been coming up with good solutions that don't require
messing with the ventilator..

Chris