[Lab] AC adapter question

greg atcheson greg.atcheson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 20:56:28 EDT 2013

Your LEDs have a forward voltage of 1.6 volts and you are supplying 5
volts,  leaving 3.4 volts for the 91 ohm resistor. Ohms law: current =
volts / resistance. Plug in the numbers and you get 0.037 amps per LED,
much less than the 0.250 amps that the resistors are rated for. The total
current would be 7 amps, which is more than your supply is rated for.