[Lab] What are you making for Valentines?

Nigel Vezeau nigel_vezeau at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 13:38:44 EST 2013

Vacuum tubes would be better made using scientific glassblowing techniques and materials.  I have done both a bit of artistic and scientific glassblowing.  The materials used in the arts are less precise and less forgiving of heating and cooling cycles.  Artistic glass tends to shatter when exposed to temperature changes, whereas borosilicate scientific glass has a low coefficient of thermal expansion and is much more tolerant.

I've taken some classes at Flo.  They're great; I highly recommend taking a course if you have any interest at all.

Cheers,

Nigel