[Lab] Fwd: Arduino Due

Chris de Groot cdegroot at adobe.com
Fri Feb 8 11:32:40 EST 2013

Speaking personally I like the 5v arduinos as they are very convenient for most embedded things, and when a project gets baked I can just burn the arduino hex file into an ATMEL chip and shift from a Arduino board to a single chip. That is all very easy and rather than spend a lot of time with multiple logic chips I just use a ATMEGA chip for a couple bucks even if it is doing something really rudimentary at times.

Also Arduinos  are so prevalent in projects around the world that one can almost always find a project that is mostly what one needs.

Moving to RPi is a different ball game completely. You are sitting on a vastly more powerful stack, but also have to have Linux in there and thus be at another layer of complexity. It is not bad, but is just better for different projects.

C.

 ADOBE® DIGITAL MARKETING SUITE
 Chris de Groot
 Senior Manager, Genesis