[Lab] Hello all!

Aurelius R maxrowsell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:29:14 EDT 2013

I'm not sure if this is the right forum in which to introduce myself; if
it's not, I'm sure I'll be corrected! :)

I've only just stumbled onto our local 'hacker space' so to speak; I've
been into electronics and computer hardware for a long time, but only
recently when someone mentioned online that I should go looking for my
local hacker space did I think to do a Google search -- and you guys turned
up!

I'm planning on coming to the lab on one of these Wednesdays, but I'm
hoping someone can give me a better overview of what you guys do as the
website seemed a bit non-specific. For example, I'm currently
breadboarding/prototyping my own Z80 single-board computer -- is that
something I could bring and work on and possibly collaborate/get help with?
I have a lot of my own tools -- oscilloscope, bench power supply/bench
multimeter, plus tons of other crap, is that something that I should bring
weekly? I've got a good carrying case for my scope so that wouldn't be an
issue.

I'm 25, and planning on going to college for electrical engineering soon --
am I going to fit in with the crowd well?

Thanks for any and all insights/comments -- looking forward to finding out
more/participating!
Peace, Love, Empathy

Alexander Max Rowsell