[Lab] Home Automation

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:52:30 EDT 2012

X10 is one option. It's not the "best" protocol out there, but modules are
dirt cheap, and easy to work with. (existing fairly full featured tools
like heyu on linux that you could compile for the raspberry pi for
example). And frankly a lot of people have a hate on for X10, but I've used
it fairly extensively and don't have any major issues with it.

Other than that there are tons of protocols out there and hardware that
accompanies them. Most can be interfaced with in one way or another.

Hope that helps.

- Paul