[Lab] Home automation tips

Kerwin Lewis kerwin.lewis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:13:58 EST 2012

I've had some pretty good success with the Insteon brand of x10(ish)
devices.   Since they are available on Ebay and the like they are not only
cheap but i found they were very simple to install and use.   They are
based on the x10 protocol but are much faster, less cheap looking.  They
appear to be well supported (not as well as zigbee products mind you) and
with a couple tools you can easily use them in conjunction with other
device protocols.   Smarthome has a great selection on top of that.

Anyway those are my 2 cents..

Good Luck.
Kerwin.