[Lab] Looking for ideas

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Sat Nov 17 22:48:57 EST 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 06:42:26PM -0500, Bruce Harding wrote:
> I've re-thought that, and I think something that would fit on her side of the
> bed near her head or under pillow would be better for me. :-)  I was thinking
> of using an old electric toothbrush motor similar in a way to the suggestion
> from other person that replied.

So just hook the alarm clock output to the toothbrush motor.  No need for an
Arduino.  Ok, maybe it needs a transistor, but not a whole Arduino.

> --
> Bruce Harding
> Information Broker
> Member: IEEE, SPIE, IACR
> HTTP://GOO.GL/LN3RW
>
> On November 17, 2012 06:09:18 PM you wrote:
> > You could drive a motor controller to a high speed motor and off set weight
> > attached to the bed to shake the bedframe
> >

> > -- Sent from my HP TouchPad
> > On 17 Nov 2012 5:51 PM, Bruce Harding <bruce.harding at faintfuzzies.ca> wrote:
> > My wife is losing her hearing and I'd like to build her a few things with
> > Arduino's that could help her out.
> >
> > Her hearing is like this 1/4 in one ear and 1/2 in the other. This week the
> > alarm went off for 8 minutes before I got tired of listening to it and came
> > up stairs to wake her up. The problem is she was sleeping on her good ear.
> >
> > So I was thinking what about a Arduino that recognizes her alarm and a.)
> > vibrates the bed or b.) vibrates something under her pillow or c.) a string
> > of flashing bright LED's or d.) open the blinds or e.) all of the above?
> >

> > So if you seen a similar project or have ideas on how I can proceed let me
> > know.
> >

> > I've also got to apply this at some point to our door bell as well.
> > --
> > Bruce Harding

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!