[Lab] NFC tags

Richard Wiens richard.wiens at rogers.com
Thu Nov 8 11:49:55 EST 2012

NFC (and the majority of RFID tags in general...NFC is just a subset RFID for close-proximity communication) tags simply contain an ID number that is unique and cannot be changed, and are part of a 'closed loop' system wherein the tag ID is used to look up something (like "does this guy have permission to enter this door?") in a database and then perform some action (like unlocking the door).

Really cool physical computing space...you will have lots of fun.