[Lab] using headers as connectors

Matthew Bells matt at mbells.ca
Wed Feb 15 09:02:17 EST 2012

There are really 3 factors you need to consider: the number of conductors,
the current, and the amount of mechanical stress.

I'm a big fan of cat-5 (or the smaller 4 conductor) connectors. These snap
in the connection, are cheap, the crimpers are cheap, and the wire is
available in both solid and stranded. Though these are only good for low
current / low voltage applications.