[Lab] seeking 4:3 standard-definition flat-screen

Heather Anderson Heather_Anderson5 at carleton.ca
Sat Dec 8 08:04:08 EST 2012

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do your Trinitrons have RCA input? If so, we may be able to use one.

I know that the National Gallery of Canada is also seeking old TVs to become part of a large artwork by Scottish artist Douglas Gordon. If you are looking to dispose of any TV (but not computer monitor) or know of other people in the area who are, I could put you in touch with the person there organizing the collection of the TVs.. The National Gallery also has a video piece by Jana Sterbak that uses a small Sony Trinitron TV and I know that they'd be grateful to have a back-up TV for this piece. (when the piece is displayed the TV is on for 8 hours a day for months at a time so they are concerned about the one that they currently have dying). The 15" or 17" that you describe could be ideal.  Please let me know and I could put you in touch or CUAG might also find one useful.

To dispose of old computer monitors there are some Future Shop locations that will take them free of charge for recycling.

Thank you,
Heather