[Lab] Illuminated Pin Buttons/Badges

Trevyn Watson trevyn at dybydx.ca
Wed Aug 15 21:49:36 EDT 2012

I've seen this sort of thing done with laser cut acrylic, LED, and
CR2032 battery, like this:
http://protospace.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_1399.jpg
http://protospace.ca/wp/2012/05/edge-lit-acrylic/

You laser an acrylic badge (in a fancy shape, even) with a 2cm round
hole for the battery and LED, etch your logo/name/etc, and the light
shines out of the edges and etching. Stick a pin back or lanyard on it
and you're done.

Use 1/8"/3mm acrylic and it will be the same thickness as the battery.
Some people use a little clip to make sure the battery stays in, but I
can't find an example at the moment.