[Lab] regenerative braking

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Thu Sep 15 14:32:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 01:59:36PM -0400, michael michael wrote:
> I worked on a rollercoaster/haunted house type ride at a sixflags park, made
> by the company MACK.   they used a regenerative brake speed regulation
> system on the slopes to charge a super capacitor bank for power to climb the
> next slope.
>
>       mind you, this was a rather boring ride to many, was a family friendly
> ride with more focus on decor and effects.  it was a great application of
> regenerative braking, with a storage system that works well with fast
> recharging.

Subways and commuter trains are also a great application.  Though even
simpler would be to have stations near the surface and the tunnel
leading down and away, then up aproaching.  This is a natural form of
regenerative braking.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!