[Lab] regenerative braking

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Mon Sep 12 17:06:23 EDT 2011

I'm figuring that it will only work in some strange circumstances for cars
(like if you live on a mountain).

http://incandescent.ca/a-case-for-regenerative-braking/

What do you think?

The reason I dont' think it will work is that it's based on bad driving in
the first place.

For instance when I see a red light (or anticipate it), I get off the gas
and start coasting. I arrive at the light just when it's green. So I never
piled on the gas to get to the red light, then hit the break, then had to
get back up to speed. If you're driving properly in the first place you're
not going to waste enough energy to recover.

To make it work for me, I'd have to intentionally accelerate towards a red
light so I could then use the brakes.