[Lab] World Maker Faire and Canada US relations

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Mon Sep 12 10:51:09 EDT 2011

I realize that not many of us are going this year but here's some
interesting thoughts.

A Canadian cannot sell or give away anything while in USA. It's okay to
brings stuff to show but not to leave behind.

Mail order is apparently okay. So you can promote your mail order while
visiting USA.

This is a bit strange because I remember when the mail was on strike and I
was bringing boxes to mail, they wanted me to fill form 7533 (Inward Cargo
Manifest for Vessel under 5 tonnes) and pay customs on the items. Even if I
was shipping the items to Spain or England or what have you.