[Lab] arduino popped?

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:11:23 EDT 2011

A couple things that might help determine what's up. What did you do that
makes you think you fried it? (the action can possibly lead to the type of
failure).

If it's no longer connecting to the PC, then it's likely got something
damaged on board, or the bootloader is screwed...

You can always look up a tutorial on reflashing the bootloader, see if that
works. If that won't work the board is likely toast (and I'm not sure how
you would accidentally corrupt the bootloader lol)

I would begin troubleshooting the circuit, start with power and work your
way down. You may have just fried the VR, in which case a new 7805 (or
whatever it's using) would resolve the problem. Might have fried an
individual discreet component, or the serial chip is toast, in which case
you would need a replacement.

Then work your way down to the micro, and if it's still not working, chances
are you need a new micro.

Just start with the easiest and trace your way back, eliminating
possibilities. Divide and Conquer ;)

- Paul