[Lab] Laser

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Thu Sep 1 14:55:46 EDT 2011

I've been using Sketchup for CAD work since it works well for CNC milling
with Mach 3 software controlling the mill.

It seems the printer driver type control for the ArtEngine Laser.... (we
should come up with a name for it come think of it)...

It seems the printer driver is theoretically independent of the software
being used to make shapes for vector cutting.

I was just drawing up something to cut from hardboard in InkScape. I like
InkScape but there's another learning curve to get through on how to get
things to fit.

Before I went to far with Inkscape I wanted to see what opinion there was
out there on what tool to use.