[Lab] Humanoid Robot for sale, probing interest.

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 00:23:07 EDT 2011

I'm considering selling one of my robots (the Tomy I-Sobot). It's a humanoid
robot that's really slick. I was hoping to replace the controller on it with
a custom board allowing more advanced programming.

Anyway, It's another project that I'll likely never get to, and once I have
time to work on it, considering I can expense it through my lab now, I could
likely just build a more advanced humanoid with just as much effort.

I've got some electronics I've been looking to buy and the cash from selling
this little guy (who could go to a good home and get some use rather than
collecting dust) would help.

I've got no idea what it's worth. I checked ebay and they are pretty rare to
see online. The couple I saw listed were in the $300+ range which seems a
little high, but looking at completed auctions a couple sold for around $250
recently.

this one is in mint condition, with the original packaging and remote and
manuals.

If anyone is interested and has the cash to spend, make me an offer... If
the price is worth it I'll consider selling it.

Here is some online info about the bot: http://www.isobotrobot.com/eng/

There are several online hacking blogs and such that have reverse engineered
the control board, and the control protocol for the servos. It's got some
limited programmability via the remote and pre-canned motions. And there are
a few projects to use IR remotes to control it, or IRDA links from a PC to
remotely control the bot.

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested.

- Paul