[Lab] more drawbot

Michael Ayukawa mike.ayukawa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 08:45:20 EDT 2011

This can work.
I've used a combination of electro-magnet and permanent magnet to enable both a static
connection and a dynamic release, based on a DC pulse of the electromagnet.
Just use a ferro-magnetic material as the core of the electromagnet.
The trick would be to see if you could do with an axial field so the pen could be self
centering.
I wonder if the drawbot could electrostatically draw ink from a fine tipped pen or capillary tube
to a charged surface where the paper could be attached.
/Mike