[Lab] tonight

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Wed Oct 5 15:12:14 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 03:02:41PM -0400, Andrew Plumb wrote:
> On 2011-10-05, at 1:22 PM, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 11:59:02AM -0400, Darcy Whyte wrote:
> >> 2) Anybody want to fool with Arduino I still have a couple of drawbots lying
> >> around. I'll probably move them out of the lab since they're not used much
> >> but anytime someone requests I'll bring them.
> >
> > I'd like to come and fool with arduinos tonight, but Carole is out for
> > the evening, so I'm home with kids.
> >
> > Don't know if I mentioned, I've got an OPA microFIT "conditional offer
> > to connect" and am working towards selecting a contractor to install
> > solar panels on our house roof.  Related to that, I found this little
> > arduino project:
> >
> > 	http://www.timnolan.com/index.php?page=arduino-ppt-solar-charger
> >
> > I have a spare 50W panel, so I am tempted to try it.
>
> How many kW are you planning to install on your roof?

It'll be between 3.25 and 5kW.  I was hoping to get as much as 9kW,
including our garage, but it doesn't appear to be worthwhile since there
is so much shading on our garage.

> I might have to swing by from time to time to top up the Volt, at
> least until my own funds re-accumulate enough to PV-tile our own. ;-)

Heh...

> Andrew.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!