[Lab] first try at cutting aluminum

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Sun May 29 11:40:50 EDT 2011

okay, here's the plan:

Yes, I'm using brand new endmills.

Okay, it's a 4 flute so I guess 7640/2 rpm for 76.4 inches per minute?  Or
7640 rpm for 76.4 * 2 inches per minute?

I'm going to chock up the endmill in the chuck so it only sticks out enough.

I'm going to install the vacuum and lord over it to make sure there are not
chips.

I'n my test run, I threw some water on the cutting and it made aluminum
soup.