[Lab] Ottawa Robotics Competition - da Vinci Challenge

Rob Woolley rcwoolley at ieee.org
Wed May 25 08:02:51 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I'm the Chair of the Ottawa Robotics Competition, a Lego robotics
competition for students in elementary grades.  This year one of our
challenges involves programming a robot to draw a picture.

I'm looking for artists, engineers, and technologists in the community to
help judge this challenge as well as the posters and reports that the kids
have made.

If you're interested, I'm holding a volunteer workshop for Thursday next
week (June 2nd) from 7pm to 9pm at All Saints High School in Kanata (
http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&q=all+saints+high+school,+kanata&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=all+saints+high+school,&hnear=0x4ccdff86df946877:0x286ff73092245b34,Kanata,+ON&cid=0,0,11920881701289937005&z=16&iwloc=A
)

We'll give a brief overview of the rules and let everyone know about the
different volunteer roles that are available.  In particular we are looking
for judges for the posters and reports, referees to manage the competitions
themselves, as well as people to help at the registration table and help
with any logistical problems that arise.

If you'd like to review the rules beforehand, they can be found here:
http://orc.ieeeottawa.ca/robotcomp/?q=Resources

If you have any questions I may be reached on my cell at 613-697-0828.

Please RSVP by email so that I know how many are able to attend.`

Best regards,
Rob