[Lab] Hardware shipping to Canada

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Thu May 5 10:25:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 10:19:39AM -0400, Paul & Andrea Mumby wrote:
> Ottawa Fastener Supply (http://www.ottawafastenersupply.com/) in Bells
> Corners has an awesome selection and great prices.
>
> Also there is a Fastenal (http://www.fastenal.com) in Bells Corners as well,
> which has a pretty good selection.
>
> Another one is Brofasco (http://www.brafasco.com/*)* which is near
> merivale/hunt club
>
> Pretty much all of those are only open 9-5 monday to friday, and then some
> are open saturday as well. (I normally choose Ottawa Fastener Supply as they
> have the nicest selection and are open saturdays, and they are nice and
> close for me).

One other that comes to mind is GBS (General Bearing Service) on the NW
corner of Kent at Flora.  That is more for bearings, obviously.  They
were a generous donor to our solar car team (U of Ottawa).

The other hardware supplier I found useful was Diotte's Hydraulics, 645
Belfast Road just south of the railway overpass.  They helped me get all
the plumbing bits I needed to get the diesel locomotive air horn
connected up.

> - Paul
>
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Darcy Whyte <darcy at siteware.com> wrote:
>
> > Ottawa Fastener?
> >

> > Message: 4
> > Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 20:10:20 -0400
> > From: "Andrew O'Malley" <aomalley at gmail.com>
> > Subject: [Lab] Hardware shipping to Canada
> > To: lab <lab at artengine.ca>
> >
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a good on-line fastener supplier that actually
> > ships to Canada?
> >
> > I'm looking for 1-1/2" long 4-40 screws, and my regular supplier
> > (Small Parts) is out.  Amazon doesn't have these parts, and McMaster
> > Carr won't ship to Canada >:|
> >
> > Local places like Canadian Tire and Home Depot don't have 4-40 screws
> > in longer lengths.  Any other local places that I could try?  I may
> > use Fastenal, but I'm sure they'll have to order them in.
> >
> > Any suggestions greatly appreciated; thanks,
> > ao.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!