[Lab] Rocket nose cone

mike Jans mjans at live.com
Wed Mar 30 11:06:49 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm building a model rocket from scratch. I want to make a nose cone that is lightweight, but also translucent as I plan to pack it with LED's so it can glow/flash etc. I was thinking of making it out of fiberglass but I would then need to make a mold to cast it on. Any suggestions on what to make the mold out of, or how to make it? I'm open to alternative materials too, as long as it's translucent.
The nose cone will be about 10" long (with 1" inside the body tube) and about 2" in diameter.
Thanks,
Mike