[Lab] Looking for ideas

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:16:45 EDT 2011

you could tie it into a dollar store stove timer circuit.

solder a small transistor in place of the switch (or in parallel to the
switch), and have the base leg left open to tie to the output for the
buzzer/piezo on the timer. then set the timer to go off in 5 minutes or
whatever and hide the whole device... makes it a bit more bulky but it's a
dirt simple solution. (and those stove timers are fairly small already,
strip the chassis off one and it should be no larger than the annoy-o-tron
itself.)

the downside to this method is you will want to tie the grounds together on
the 2 devices, or run them from a common power supply, so your battery life
will suffer a bit because it's powering both the timer and the annoy-o-tron)

- Paul