[Lab] Fwd: Ottawa Area Hobby Electronics Store - Requesting to be linked to your site

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Thu Jun 30 18:44:37 EDT 2011

In a nutshell, some of the terminals are shorted together.

So one block is IN+, IN+, IN-, IN-. And the other block is OUT+, OUT+, OUT-,
OUT-. The center four terminals are redundant.

That's what I thought from the start but it wasn't mentioned in
documentation (the four unlabeled terminals) so I wanted to hear it from the
vendor before I started guessing. It took a lot of messages and time to get
the communication done. He kept referring me to documentation and evading my
specific questions (wording things ambiguously and stuff and was a little
rude).

If it works, I wanted to order a bunch of them for my projects but the whole
support thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Had the vendor simply answered my question clearly in the first message, I'd
have had the product tested when I sat down. But after an hour of farting
around, I put it on the shelf and moved onto another project.

Perhaps next week I'll take another look at it. We'll see what happens.