[Lab] Introducing TugBits.com - a marketplace for makers.

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Wed Jun 8 19:01:36 EDT 2011

I've worked in the software industry (specifically in social media, facebook
platform, SEO labs, viral test labs, social tool startups, other startups,
social network theory and all that sort of oogabooga. And Web 2.0 whatever
that it. :))

I was also able to quit my day job and sell something I made online so this
area interests me even though I'm technically not working in the software
industry anymore.

I agree, you want your message in more than one place.

But I think it's useful to distill this into at least two separate
problems.

1) Discovery (how a buyer finds out about you and also learns to trust that
they can buy)
2) Delivery of the product be it digital goods or an artifact.

I think TugBits, Tom and friends are really going after both these things.
But they are really two business problems that can be thought about
separately (even if they are rolled together in a service).