[Lab] Introducing TugBits.com - a marketplace for makers.

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Wed Jun 8 13:53:08 EDT 2011

The site looks nice.

25%? You might find that wanting 1/4 of sale amounts will provide
significant friction to adoption (for buyers and sellers).

It doesn't have any measures for authenticity (ebay has reviews, web pages
have in-degree). How can buyers and sellers have as much confidence as they
have with ebay without those measures?

If a person were to list a product for sale on their own Web site, why would
your Web site sell more? Especially given that having a Web site is either
free or next to nothing and you keep all the revenue.

I clicked through to the "Domain Name Finder" product at your site.

What you've done there is avoided putting the name of the product in the
Title Metatag. You put your own buyline there instead. You also didn't put
product name or information in the H1 tag. In fact you have a blank H1 tag.

With that situation, it reduces the chance that someone can google the
product successfully.

So what would be the reason someone would list on your site rather than just
make a simple site of their own?

Darcy