[Lab] Introduce Myself

lists at faintfuzzies.ca lists at faintfuzzies.ca
Fri Jul 1 17:31:40 EDT 2011

On July 1, 2011 12:13:27 PM you wrote:
> Glad to hear you're getting into making things!
>
> Do you have any projects in mind at the moment?
>

> --
> Darcy Whyte
> *Darcy at Siteware.com*
> Ottawa, Canada | 613-563-3634 | N 45° 25'03.1" W 75° 42'21.4"
> Please attach previous emails when responding (or reply instead of starting
> a new thread/subject).
>

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM, <lists at faintfuzzies.ca> wrote:
> > On June 30, 2011 04:45:54 PM you wrote:
> > > Bruce,
> > >
> > > I think we know each other then.
> > >
> > > I'm a regular customer. I bought about 30 computers there (and hoards
> > > of other stuff).
> >
> > Yup, Darcy we do know each other.  You have the awesome rubberpower
> > planes. How are you doing?  I don't work at Computer Supplyhouse
> > anymore.
> >
> > Now I'm just trying to figure out the difference between the red wire and
> > the
> > black wire.

This is the project I plan to tackle.
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/63-597-0-0-1-0.html
Not sure if this is over my head or not.  But I'm gonna give it a try.  For my
Birthday my wife got me a Hakko 936 Soldering Iron and a Extech EX330
Multimeter to start me out on my project. Still have not bought the parts yet.
Ultimately, I'd like to produce something that exceeds the capabilities of:
http://www.kendrickastro.com/astro/dew_controllers.html#PremierController
Okay, I know that won't be anytime soon, but it is nice to have a goal to
shoot for.

I don't know if this is too difficult a project to start as a beginner or not,
but I'm gonna give it a try.  There are a few features I'd like to see added
to this project. One I'd like to see is a USB connected data logger that can
record both ambient temps as well as mirror temps over time for each viewing
session.  This I can use to compare the efficiency of my cooling system (fan) to
keep the mirrors close to ambient temp and thus maximize viewing potiential.

==
Bruce
Member: SPIE, IEEE, IACR
Faintfuzzies.ca