[Lab] Got extra EL wire?

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Wed Jan 5 14:47:29 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:59:32AM -0500, Andrew Plumb wrote:
> Hey Richard,

Hi Andrew,

> Will you be able to make it out this evening?

I hope so.

> If you have any of that EL wire left, I'd be interested in buying some
> lengths of each colour from you.  I'm curious to see if short lengths
> could be used to hook up piezo elements (the 90V type) for active and
> passive sensing, actuation and "visible sound" projects.

Interesting!

How much of each colour are you seeking?  Will you need a driver?
I have 175' of blue, 165' green and 80' red, cut up in lengths of 50' or
less.  The drivers are good for 25-50', but if you have less than 25' of
wire, the driver could be loaded with an appropriate capacitive load
(maybe even resistive).

It is still all connected to the parade float in the garage.  The end of
season pretty much happenned around the parade, so I had no great need
to dismantle the float and I've just had a suggestion to try and work
something out for Winterlude.  It would be better I suspect to remove it
once it warms up to avoid the possibility of cracking it.  The cold
itself shouldn't be an issue if it isn't moved and it is protected from
UV.

> Andrew.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!